I also did a Spotlight series on Europa earlier this year, including interviews with authors Alina Bronsky and James Scudamore, as well as with Europa's editor in chief, Michael Reynolds.
As far as the challenge, my goal is to read 14 more Europas this year (Amante level, and I'll probably sign on to the Perpetual Challenge too- who am I kidding, right?) and post reviews of the remaining books I haven't reviewed yet, as well. I just finished Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt's book of short stories The Woman with the Bouquet, and after that I'm going to pick through my stash of 30-odd Europas to fulfill the challenge. In other words, I haven't decided what exactly I'll read yet!
Good bets for me are:
- Get Me Out of Here, by Henry Sutton, which EE sent me for review,
- The Companion, by Lorcan Roche (also qualifies for the 2011 Ireland Challenge),
- In A Strange Room, by Damon Galgut (also qualifies for the Complete Booker Challenge),
- The Art of Losing, by Rebecca Connell, and
- The Jasmine Isle, by Ioanna Karystiani.
- Old Filth, by Jane Gardam,
- Tokyo Fiancée, by Amélie Nothomb,
- French Leave, by Anna Gavalda, and
- The Lost Daughter, by Elena Ferrante.