What about challenges? Lots of us bloggers participate in them; have you? Do you plan to in 2013? I'll re-start the Europa Challenge for 2013 of course (sign up!) and I might pick a short challenge or two but other than that I'm not good at finishing what I start, really, so I tend to avoid them.
But the fact is, my TBR pile is growing higher and higher, and sometimes I feel more like a book collector/hoarder than a reader! So I need to dig into that pile and try to keep pace with what I'm buying.
To that end, here are my reading goals for 2013.
- One Europa Editions book per month for a total of at least 12 for the year. Probably I'll read more; I tend to!
- Six books by author Angela Thirkell for the year. Angela Thirkell's books are largely out of print but I've been able to amass a nice collection of her delightful English country tales nonetheless. Time to make a point of digging in!
- One audiobook on the iPod at all times; one nonfiction book on the nightstand at all times. The audiobook-listening helps me squeeze in extra books without having them take up space!
- One book in each of the following series: Factory Series by Derek Raymond; Mollison Town Quartet by Tim Davys; World Noir series from Europa Editions.
- Six Booker Prize winners for the year.
- Three NYRB Classics by June.
- One graphic novel per month.