Spoilers Ahead! Don't read if you haven't seen this week's episode and don't want to know what happened.
So this week's episode was decent.
- Daenerys is starting to deal with the real-world consequences of her grand, symbolic gestures. A man came to ask for her for a decent burial for his father, whom she crucified last week. She was agreeable to that.
- Stannis visited the Iron Bank on Bravos and was given a chilly reception to say the least.
- Sightings of the Hound were reported back to Tywin. I was amused that no mention was made of Arya and I wonder what to make of that. I know the Arya-Tywin reunion scene I've been longing for for months now will never happen but it still makes me giggle to think about it.
- Yara tried to rescue Theon/Reek from the clutches of Ramsey Snow, to no avail. Then Ramsey let him have a bath. Another day at the office for Theon "Bad Choices" Greyjoy.
- No sign of Jon Snow, Arya, or Sansa, except in flashback.
- The big thing this week was Tyrion's "trial". Even Jaime was disgusted by the farce of it. Tywin told him privately that he intended to send Tyrion to the Wall after the guilty verdict comes down, and Jaime told Tyrion, who proceeded to ask for trial by combat after being thoroughly betrayed by Shae, his old lover who made a surprise appearance in court. Now we know she never got on that ship. Wonder what she's been up to in the interim?
Overall I thought it was an above-average episode. I felt cheated that it ended at 9:52- where's the other eight minutes, David Benioff? But what can you do.