All of these books are available in paperback now so feel free to relax, bend back the covers and get sand between the pages. But don't do that if it's a library book!
Enjoy and happy summer!
- The Swimming Pool, by Holly LeCraw, a smart and steamy story of sex and murder set in the beaches and backyards of Cape Cod;
- The Passage, by Justin Cronin, a post-apocalyptic literary thriller about a little girl set to save the world. And uou should read The Passage now because its sequel (the first of two sequels) is coming out next year and it's a big book so better to play catch-up now!
- Beautiful Maria of My Soul, by Oscar Hijuelos, the very racy story of the woman who inspired the musicians in Hijuelos's hit novel The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love. Beautiful Maria is erotic, lively and a great time, starring a winning woman you won't soon forget.
- French Leave, by Anna Gavalda, a frothy amusement about siblings who get together for- and then ditch- a friend's wedding (review coming soon). It's a quick read from the reliable Europa Editions sure to bring a smile to your face.
- The Lost City of Z, by David Grann, a wonderfully entertaining true story of an intrepid Amazonian explorer who disappeared mysteriously, and the people who set out to find him. You'll be entertained, you'll count your blessings and feel automatically cooler and more comfortable wherever you are!
Support a great indie bookstore- buy from Powell's. I'm a Powell's partner and receive a small commission on sales.