What is your favorite romantic book –or book that includes a love story? (an adult romance, young adult, kids’ story, anything)
My favorite love story is probably Possession, A.S. Byatt's novel with two sets of romances, one in the present and one in the past. And actually it's more like three, if you count the love triangle at the heart of the past-tense romance. Other favorite love stories of mine are:
- Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell,
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë, and I don't care what anyone says about it being ridiculous, etc.; also
- A Very Long Engagement by Sebastien Japrisot, set after World War I and about a woman's determination to find out what happened to her lover,
- The English Patient, by Michael Ondaatje, the book so much better than the movie, and
- Persuasion, by Jane Austen, a more grown-up look at the marriage plot than most other Austens.