I think I have four books going:
- Flood of Fire, by Amitav Ghosh, which I've been reading for months and working through very very slowly,
- The Night of the Hunter by Davis Grubb, a favorite of mine as a teen that I'm re-reading. I got stuck though. It's such a strong suspenser that it's hard for me to read even though I know how it ends,
- The Cities of Salt, by Abdelrahim Munif, sitting on my nightstand and which I've been reading at the pace of 3-4 short chapters a day,
- The Musical Brain, by Cesar Aira, a book of short stories I've stalled on, and
- The Lost Estate, by Henri Alain-Fournier, an unusual coming-of-age story that almost feels like a fairy tale. I like though.
What are you reading this week?