Last week we did hybrid books- combinations of different binding methods. I chose a combination of the accordion and the folio.
I created a longish accordion and mounted it, clumsily, into a folio structure. It came out okay; I think of it as practice for my personal project, which I also started this weekend. I threw it together quickly because I had to leave class a little early to get to the Fall Winedown at the Harvard Book Store.
For homework we were supposed to make another hybrid structure at home; I didn't get around to it but maybe I will later today.
Tonight we'll be learning a little about box-making and continuing to work on practice books and our personal projects.