I stole this from JoAnn at Lakeside Musing, one of my oldest blogging buddies. If you aren't reading her blog, go over there, read it, and come back.
Okay, you're back. Like JoAnn did, I tweaked mine a little too, to reflect my own reading habits and priorities.
Six new-to-me authors:
1. Joydeep Roy-Bhattacharya
2. Sayed Kashua
3. Derek Raymond
4. Andrea Camilleri
5. Patrick Flanery
6. Niccolo Ammaniti
Six tried-and true authors:
1. Massimo Carlotto
2. Amara Lakhous
3. Dan Chaon
4. Stephen Benatar
5. Tayeb Salih
6. Angela Thirkell
Six books I loved:
1. Absolution by Patrick Flanery
2. The Goodbye Kiss by Massimo Carlotto
3. Moffie by Andre Carl van der Merwe
4. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (review coming soon!)
5. He Died With His Eyes Open by Derek Raymond (review coming soon!)
6. Second Person Singular by Sayed Kashua
Six Countries I've Visited:
2. South Africa
Six blogging events I enjoyed:
1. ArmChair BEA
2. Telegraph Avenue readalong (ongoing)
3. Europa Challenge
4. Pin It and Do It challenge
5. Booker Challenge
6. Secret Garden readalong (though I forgot to post about it)
Six bookish things I'm looking forward to:
1. Reading Don Quixote on vacation
2. Finishing The Twelve
3. Boston Book Festival this fall
4. Book shopping in Italy!
5. Pin It and Do It, Round 2
6. Holiday book swaps
Six bookish things I'm happy about in 2012
1. All that crime fiction I'm reading now!
2. I love being a bookseller!
3. The Europa Challenge is still going strong.
4. My husband hasn't lost patience with my biblio-addiction.
5. It's fun to go outside my comfort zone sometimes.
6. It's fun to stay within it, too!
What's your mid-year summary look like? Any surprises, or has everything gone as planned?