So for the next five days, our regularly scheduled Boston Bibliophile programming will be put on hold as I take part for the first time in Book Blogger Appreciation Week, a week when book bloggers from all over the world take some time to show our admiration for each other.
The festivities include coordinated blog posts where folks write about similar topics each day. Today's topic is the personal blog short list- in other words, it's an opportunity to talk about our favorite blogs that didn't make the BBAW official shortlists. A tall order, since there are so many excellent blogs, and so many of my favorites were represented among those nominated for awards.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Cupcake Witch, a fun blog written by a fellow Marie featuring YA reviews among others,
- Jew Wishes, for my money the best Jewish-interest book blog out there,
- Fresh Ink Books, where blogger Sandra reviews the crème de la crème of literary fiction with style and intelligence,
- Life by Candlelight, a chatty, varied blog by a terrific blogger named Amy,
- Food from Books, a feast for the eyes and the mind,
- Reading Proust in Foxborough, a really fun speciality lit blog,
- The BookKitten, a really cute, really fun book blog,
- The Heart is a Lonely Reader, a varied, intelligent book blog, and
- Breaking the Spine, a terrific general-interest blog.