My Best Books of 2011 So Far includes books published this year and some older things:
- Hotel du Lac, by Anita Brookner, winner of the Booker Prize in 1984,
- Hygiene and the Assassin, by Amélie Nothomb,
- The Outside Boy, by Jeanine Cummins, which I was lucky enough to get in a swag bag at last year's Book Blogger Con,
- Drinking at the Movies, by Julia Wertz, a great graphic novel,
- Troubles, by J.G. Farrell, winner of the Lost Man Booker from 1971.
As far as what's being promoted at BEA, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern, and We the Animals by Justin Torres, and I'm sure anything on offer from Other Press and Europa Editions will be great. Then, later this year favorite authors of mine Roland Merullo and Michael Ondaatje have new books, too.
Go to Armchair BEA Central today for links to more posts and those giveaways!