Happy Blogiversary to me, happy blogiversary to me, happy blogiversary to meeeeeeee- happy blogiversary to me!
I mean, I can't believe I've been blogging for five years. Where did the time go? Five years ago I was wondering what to read next and now I've got more books, and more ideas about what to read, than I know what to do with. I also have an awesome job at a fab indie bookstore, loads of bookish friends and a whole lot of great experiences to boot.
In the past year, the funnest things were working on the Europa Challenge, getting to speak at an area literary festival (hi, Salem!) and starting working as a bookseller.
Over the next year I'd like to see how I can contribute to the literary world as a bookseller and continue to use my blog to promote the books I love and share with like-minded readers.
Thank you to each and every person who ever clicked, commented or lurked. Let's see if I can make it to year six.
So here's my present to one of you- a personalized recommendation along with a copy of the book. Here's the rules:
- You must have a U.S. shipping address. I'm sorry, folks, I just can't afford to ship abroad.
- You must leave a comment on this post with your email address. Entries without an email address will be discarded, no exceptions. Don't make it hard for me to figure out how to contact you when I'm trying to send you a gift.
- You have until August 21 at midnight EST to enter.
- I'll pick a winner around the 22nd, contact that person and then you can tell me what you like to read. Alternatively, you could just pick something from the books I've reviewed this year. Either way works for me.
- You have 48 hours from when I contact you to reply, or I choose another winner.
- I'll buy your book from an independent book store (most likely the one I work at) and mail it to you Media Mail.