Now, about my six books!
- There's Life Itself, Roger Ebert's autobiography, on my nightstand. I always have a nonfiction book on my bedside table.
- Quiet, by Susan Cain, is on my iPod. I've been listening to it for a while now and really enjoying it. I should be finished in another week or two.
- I recently started The Islanders, by Christopher Priest. Recently out in paperback, it's another complicated puzzle book. I had to put it down until I finished Cloud Atlas because I couldn't really focus on two difficult books at once.
- Victorine, by Maude Hutchins, has been sitting in my TBR pile for a while and I'm honestly not crazy about it. I'll give it another shot but it may end up in the DNF pile.
- I've been working on Harry Hearder's Italy: A Short History, for a while, dipping in and out. More out than in lately!
- Finally I bought and started reading The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, by Ayana Mathis, when it was announced as the next Oprah pick. I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm about half-way through and looking forward to finishing and being able to recommend it to readers this holiday season.