- One Europa Editions book per month for a total of at least 12 for the year. Probably I'll read more; I tend to! Check! I actually read two.
- Six books by author Angela Thirkell for the year. Angela Thirkell's books are largely out of print but I've been able to amass a nice collection of her delightful English country tales nonetheless. Time to make a point of digging in! Nope.
- One audiobook on the iPod at all times; one nonfiction book on the nightstand at all times. The audiobook-listening helps me squeeze in extra books without having them take up space! Check, although I haven't found an audio I wanted to finish yet. I DNF'd two and am looking for a new one. Any recommendations? I also DNF'd one nonfiction bedside book and started another that I'm loving, Agent Zigzag by Ben McIntyre.
- One book in each of the following series: Factory Series by Derek Raymond; Mollison Town Quartet by Tim Davys; World Noir series from Europa Editions. Nope.
- Six Booker Prize winners for the year. Nope.
- Three NYRB Classics by June.Nope.
- One graphic novel per month. I DNF'd one graphic novel in January. Onto bigger and better things in February.
How are you doing with your reading goals this year? Do you have any? I'm not sure how all this is going to work out but sometimes giving myself goals helps me to remember to read things that I would put off, and I'm almost always glad. I hope you have a great Sunday! More Sunday Salon on Facebook.