So today marks two full years of blogging. I have to admit I'm kind of proud.
Here's a link to my first day of posting. Fascinating stuff, no? No wonder I had no readers for the six months! Things didn't take off until I tapped into the burgeoning (and trendy) book blogging world and from then on it's been a lot of fun. Some fun facts:
- The original name of my blog was Another Librarian's Book Blog. Boston Bibliophile is better, right?
- The first review offer I received was from author Edward Hardy, for his book Keeper and Kid, which I enjoyed,
- My first author interview was with Eva Etzioni-Halevy, which was fun and lead to some others,
- A couple of months ago I was featured in the Macmillan newsletter for librarians, for my review of their novel The Tricking of Freya,
- I was the original host of the Tuesday Thingers meme about LibraryThing, now hosted by Wendi at Wendi's Book Corner,
- I did a weekly feature called Graphic Novel Monday for several months and still do the occasional graphic novel feature.
Professionally I'm still a librarian but I'm looking for other ways to get involved in the book world and if you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions! (Email me privately if you do!)
Of course a big thank-you goes out to my readers and commenters- I wouldn't be able to blog without the great feedback I get everyday. Getting to know you, your blogs and what you like to read has been incredibly fun and rewarding and I know that whatever else happens with life and career, I'll continue blogging for a long time to come.
To celebrate, I'm going to give away a signed copy of that first book I received for review, Edward Hardy's Keeper and Kid.
Here are the rules:
- To enter, leave a comment here with your email address in the comment. Entries without an email address will be disregarded.
- One extra entry if you link to the giveaway and leave the link in the comments.
- Two extra entries if you tweet the giveaway and leave the link in the comments.
- Three extra entries if you are a follower or become one.
- The giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada.
- I will use Random.org to choose a winner.
- Entries close at midnight EST on August 23. I will pick the winner on August 24 and contact him/her by the 25th. If I don't hear back from the winner with a mailing address within 7 days I will choose another winner.